Turkey idea for you...ya'll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dvan1901

Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I have not personally done this, but my uncle has and says it was the best turkey he's ever had. Prepare your turkey as you normally would, but at the same time, prepare a Boston butt and place the butt on the rack above the turkey. The butt sort of bastes the turkey, but also adds the fat flavor to it. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will sometime soon!

I only have one rack so I will get thick bacon from the meat store. lay that right one the bird>

If the weather hold out ill have some Qview from new years!!!

Well if you have two or more shelfs you should always put the birds (either turkey or chicken) on the bottom shelves. You don't want your birds to drippings it get on anything for reasons of health safety.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky