Turkey Burgers? W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Carol asked me to pick up some at Sams. Well, they discontinued the frozen pre made ones.

So I picked up this instead.

About 2.00 a pound, 93% lean. That may be a problem.

I had Carol make 1/3 pound patties and painted with EVOO because they were so lean.

In the past I mixed with hamburger and they were good.

On the smoker as I type. I am not sure they will come out, so I only smoked 1/2 of them, didn't want to ruin all of them.

I'll post either way good or bad.

Marinate in Yoshidas and your gold!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Somethin I've been using to season my sausage and burgers is the dry bread crumb mixes for stuffing. You can get them in sage... etc... and they really add the flavor and soak up and hold the flavor in the meat. Things are lookin good over there...

waitin.jpg

Bubba Ron's MES comes with a built in Yoshida's sprayer. If you dont put it on before you put the meat in there the smoker will coat it for him. So he should be covered
icon_mrgreen.gif

I use a mix of 2 parts ground turkey to 1 part ground pork. 1 beaten egg, about 1/3 cup bread crumbs, a little ketchup & worchestershire and Penzy's Greek or Turkish seasoning. I also add in some feta cheese and a splash of EVOO. Haven't made a burger or meatloaf out of ground beef in over a year. Nobody I've served them to knew they weren't beef until I told them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky