Turkey Burgers? W/Qview

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by ronp, Nov 11, 2009.

1. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Carol asked me to pick up some at Sams. Well, they discontinued the frozen pre made ones.

So I picked up this instead.

About 2.00 a pound, 93% lean. That may be a problem.

I had Carol make 1/3 pound patties and painted with EVOO because they were so lean.

In the past I mixed with hamburger and they were good.

On the smoker as I type. I am not sure they will come out, so I only smoked 1/2 of them, didn't want to ruin all of them.

I'll post either way good or bad.

2. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Look forward to your observations.

3. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Marinate in Yoshidas and your gold! [​IMG]

4. scpatterson

scpatterson Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I like Turkey burgers but I ahve never smoked them so Im cant wait to see how they turn out.....

5. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Somethin I've been using to season my sausage and burgers is the dry bread crumb mixes for stuffing. You can get them in sage... etc... and they really add the flavor and soak up and hold the flavor in the meat. Things are lookin good over there...

[​IMG]

6. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Bubba Ron's MES comes with a built in Yoshida's sprayer. If you dont put it on before you put the meat in there the smoker will coat it for him. So he should be covered [​IMG]

7. chef jeff tx

chef jeff tx Smoking Fanatic

I use a mix of 2 parts ground turkey to 1 part ground pork. 1 beaten egg, about 1/3 cup bread crumbs, a little ketchup & worchestershire and Penzy's Greek or Turkish seasoning. I also add in some feta cheese and a splash of EVOO. Haven't made a burger or meatloaf out of ground beef in over a year. Nobody I've served them to knew they weren't beef until I told them.

8. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

They Look Good Ron, Keep us posted...[​IMG]

9. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I should have known. [​IMG]

10. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

like one a them gizmos people used to have on their wood stoves that would drip drain oil???

11. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

LOL.Them used oil cookers stink to high heaven.....