Turkey Brining

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beernuts

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Blaine, MN
I am going to smoke a 13lb turkey for Thanksgiving and have seen that it needs to be brined before smoking.  My question is if the turkey is already flavor injected at the processing plant do I still need to brine?  My GUESS is that it would not be absolutely necessary but since this is the first one I've done on a smoker I need your advice on this.

Thanks for the help...

Beernuts, by all means you can Smoke the Bird as is...I,though , choose to brine , thus adding some extra flavors of my choice .

I've done a lot without brining ,but when I tasted the difference , I never went back.  Like I said, - it's a choice , I just prefer to float them...
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky