Turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunlake

Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I posted this in roll call but thought I would also give it a try here.

So I also come here looking for a little help. I have been asked to smoke some turkey breast and deep fry chickens for the 4th. I have done a couple of breast but not a pro. They bought 4 jeenie-o chicken brest around 5 pounds and they have a solution or brine of 8 %. Do I want to brine again or inject with a butter garlic mix. Also I have a cook shack 008 that I will be cooking them in I hope they fit. Just wondering if there is a guess on time. I will be cooking to temp and guessing 4 hrs at 250 but looking for a time to start them. Thanks alot for any help. Also does anyone have a good inject for deep fryed chickens.

progress.gif

I have not smoked turkey breasts but...if it where me I would not brine again...no reason too IMO. I have smoked whole chickens...around 4-5 lbs and they take around 3-4 hours so I think you should be right in there at 4 hours....If they get done early you could always wrap them in tin foil then in a bunch of dish towels and place in a dry cooler...they should stay hot for several hours that way.....
For injecting chicken I usually go to the local sportsmans store and buy the injectable marinade...and maybe add some wiskey...then a good dry rub before deep frying.
Just My two cents.

I to have a 008 and I think you will be able to fit the 4 no problem. I have never had one take 4 hours but I am usually only doing 1 at a time so doing 4 may take a little longer for the smoker to come to temp.

Oh and I have always pulled at between 158 and 162, wrapped and they have turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky