Turkey breast rub and time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monkeynoodle

Original poster
May 16, 2009
Lincoln,NE
After successfully smoking several chickens my wife wants me to smoke a turkey breast this weekend. Anybody have a good rub recipe? Also wondering about smoking time. Thanks....Brian

I've smoked a couple turkey rolls for slicing into lunch meat that I've cured and rub down with rosemary, marjoram and sage. It's probably not what you're looking for but it has a nice flavor the compliments the turkey.
Or you might try an onion, garlic, hot pepper rub to kick it up a bit. Good luck!

I have smoked a bunch of turkey breast and I used to always use Butt Rub and then a new one out by Old Bay it's not the same as the seafood rub it's alot spicer. Now I have Ole Country boy rub thats pretty good. I just use alittle evoo and rub it for overnight then smoke at about 230 and take it to about 170 and then let it rest and then enjoy.

You may want to consider brining your turkey breast, it will come out a lot juicier than if you don't. I have a 7 lb. breast on the smoker now that I brined in Yuengling lager overnight.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I recently purchased a whole turkey breast on the bone for $0.99/lb at the local grocery store. I think it was about 5 lbs. It was previously injected with a "7% solution" of chicken broth and who knows what else so I didn't feel brining was needed.

I made a rub out of paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper a little dark brown sugar and oregano

I rubbed it and put it into the MES at 275. Didn't use a lot of wood since I only wanted a hint of smoke

4 hrs later it was just hitting 168 and was pulled and rested. Made a nice dinner out of one half and put the other half in the frige for sandwiches through out the week. Once cooled it was easy to slice as then as I like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky