Turkey Breast and Chix Legs! Wohoo, every mans dream!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Ok, at mommas request, split bout a 6 pound turkey breast down the middle, soaked er overnight in slaughterhouse #3 brine, gave er a rinse this mornin, layed on some Malibu rub and she's on the second rack of the smoker.

Ifin yall ain't bought yerself a meat clever yet, I'd be fer findin one! Dads/Granddads, sharpened up real nice and boy did that split that breast down the middle nice!

Also got me 10 chickey legs smoken, same brine and rub. They make a great low carb snack fer after work!

Like usuall, yall gonna have to wait fer the Q-View!

As a link, I'm also doin 4 pounds of beef ribs fer a snack!

OK yall, the turkey breast got done alot sooner then I had planned, but that is fine, that is what happens when you cook by temp instead of time!

So Here they are:

The split breast right out of the smoker. A nice rest and then slice for supper, will be havin homemade corn bread to go with it and a nice salad.

Here are the chicken legs, they are a great snack!

The beef ribs still have bout an hour and twenty to go, then pull them off and have them fer snacks as well.

That is this weekends smoke, overall another sucess I think.

Looks great Tip, love the chicken leg rack!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky