Turkey and Pork Loin combo smoke help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

warsmokeeagle

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Auburn, AL
I've got to smoke a turkey for Sunday afternoon. Just started brining it, and I had good luck with the last one I did (thanks to the forum!). My mother just sprung on me that she wanted me to smoke pork loin, too. I've never smoked a loin, but I said sure anyway.

My question, how long should I estimate for a 3.5 lb lion and a 12 pound turkey? The last turkey I smoked went on the smoker for 13 hours before I got frustrated and threw it in the oven. It was great and no one got sick, but everything I've read says it shouldn't have taken so long. Any tips? Also, what temp does the loin need to reach? I've read anywhere from 130-150 on here. Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky