Turducken...example on FoodTV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

geek with fire

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2007
Rural out-skirts of Sedalia, MO
I know the topic of Turducken has been brought up a couple of times, but I thought I'd let anyone know who was interested that "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" on the Food Network did a show tonight of a place who does them regularly (Alpine Steak House - Sarasota, FL). They did a really quick example that I thought was informative. I wish they would have spent more time showing the de-boning process, but really cool none the less.

I saw that episode, quite nice. In regards to de-boning, that's probably why they charge so much for one. There's a Cajun Shop online that sells them, around $80-$90 each.

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimern had an episode on it. They showed the de-boning and stuffing one bird inside the other. Andrew said it was excellent, though a bit high in fat and cholesterol!
icon_lol.gif

I asked about smoing one a while back and no one had done it yet. I bought one at Winn-Dixie (supermarket). I'm sure any grocery can order one, I think it was $35.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky