Turducken...example on FoodTV

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by geek with fire, Nov 11, 2007.

1. geek with fire

geek with fire Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I know the topic of Turducken has been brought up a couple of times, but I thought I'd let anyone know who was interested that "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" on the Food Network did a show tonight of a place who does them regularly (Alpine Steak House - Sarasota, FL). They did a really quick example that I thought was informative. I wish they would have spent more time showing the de-boning process, but really cool none the less.

2. if you go to youtube.com you can type in 'deboning' and find just about anything you want.

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I saw that episode, quite nice. In regards to de-boning, that's probably why they charge so much for one. There's a Cajun Shop online that sells them, around $80-$90 each.

4. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Saw the same program ... Interesting

5. millstream

millstream Newbie

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimern had an episode on it. They showed the de-boning and stuffing one bird inside the other. Andrew said it was excellent, though a bit high in fat and cholesterol! [​IMG]

6. twistertail

twistertail Smoking Fanatic

I saw that show also and man that thing did look good!

7. keywesmoke

keywesmoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I asked about smoing one a while back and no one had done it yet. I bought one at Winn-Dixie (supermarket). I'm sure any grocery can order one, I think it was $35.

8. flagriller

flagriller Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member