Trying a lot of "firsts" tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seboke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 11, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
Tomorrow morning will be a day of firsts. Going to do some pork tenderloins dry rubbed with Jamacian Jerk, some ABTs, and a fatty with mushrooms, red onions, fresh garlic and spinach. Since the smoker will be fired up, I'll get the last three racks of ribs out of the freezer (Jeff's rub, 3-2-1). Also going to try something I saw Paula from teh Food Network do today. She cubed up some chicken breast, wrapped with bacon, and rolled them in a brown sugar/chili powder mix. She did 'em in the oven, but I'll do 'em in a smoke filled oven.

My last smoke, I had about 40 people over. Did 6 spareribs, 3 baby backs, 2 Boston butts, and a brisket. I took all the pre-smoke pics, but I was about a half-hour behind schedule to serve it all up. All the guests were grumbling cause the could smell it, but couldn't eat it. All the rushing around and I forgot to take a single "after" pic to post q-view here. I was (and am still) sick about that. I won't forget the q-view tomorrow!

sounds like another busy smoke-keep the chicken below everything else-don't let it drip on other meats.good luck.

Sounds like an ambitious day of Q. . I hope you remember the pics this time!

Good luck, and let the meat tell ya when its done, not the hungry friends!
icon_biggrin.gif

The butts and brisket were two weeks ago - the one where I forgot the pics. Tomorrow should only be the 6 hours for the ribs. I did learn a good lesson about getting food to the hungry before I was ready!

Thanks for the tip - I wouldn't have considered that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky