Try this with your next pastrami!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Instead of trimming all the fat off of your corned beef before you set it in the smoker to make pastrami.... smoke it with all the fat on... then trim it off after your done smoking it. Then.... fry it up in a pan like bacon. It is awesome on a baked potato or topping a salad or in some scrambled eggs. It fries up nice and crunchy like bacon and is off the chart full of flavor.

I've got 1 in the freezer I need to do pretty soon. I may try this!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Not a bad idea Dave, I'm sure it would be really tasty too but I don't think I could do it.
Don't get me wrong, I love most things smoked but certain areas I just don't know...
like pork rinds...I know, I know, lots of folks love them but I just can't bring myself to eat fried pork skin...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky