Try this with smoked chicken breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishawn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Olympia, WA
As an avid chicken breast smoker, I ran into something the other night that seemed to work pretty well. After a dry rub on the breasts I smoked them with Hickory until done. Then shredded them by hand. I was vacuum packing them to bring to a relative on Easter to try out (I had had a few beers by this point)
icon_lol.gif
and thought they might be to dry for them, so I poured some olive oil into the foodsaver bag & added some of the dry rub, mixed & vacuum packed. Well, I forgot to bring them to the relatives, so I opened them up a few days later to find pretty darn moist smoked shredded chicken breasts!...I did it again last night & they are resting for this weekend. Tried to upload pics but would not let me?

Sounds like a great idea, I'll have to try it.
I thought you were going to say you had a few beers and decided to pour a beer in with it...

haha,i was thinking the same thing,you forgot the chicken but i bet you didint the beer!lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky