Trout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
Des Moines, IOWA
had a freind ask me a question on smoking trout

and i know CRAP bout the subject

he was told he needed to smoke this fish in a new smoker..........i am sure, he was being told, a smoker devoted to fish?

anyone else heard this?

TIA

d88de

(ps. least Jr. finished second this last weekend)

over the years I've smoked various types of fish in the same smoker I use for other meats. Occasionally the smoker will have a slightly fishy smell afterwards, but I never notice it on any other meat. The smoke usually takes care of that.

walking-dude i agree no need for a new smoker , i do land and sea in the same ole box...maybe he meant he should not to meat and fish at same time ? cause that can get a lil strange tasting..if fish is over meat drippins add fishy flavor . other hand if meat is over fish fishysmoke rises and again
fishy flavor

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky