Trouble with pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

niniron

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I'm having trouble getting my pictures small enough to fit. It say's it is a thumbnail but it does not look like one. Any help would be great.

What program are you using! If it is photobucket, I've found you have to pick the size first, then upload your pictures, otherwise the stay as before. Hope that helps.

Some programs offer no size upload option. Some downsize them all to one size. Photobucket (free) in the upload area has an OPTIONS that allows you to choose the size. If you use it, choose 800 x 600 pixels or smaller. this will keep members from having to scroll right to view all of photo and text.

Get this free program. It's great and free.

www.irfanview.com

Before you upload to your photo server, Use the resize function. 640x480 pixels looks good on these forum boards. For current computer displays, around 50% jpg quality is plenty good, and makes a more compressed, smaller file size. Saves you time uploading.

Save-As to a new file name. Never write over your original picture file.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky