Triple B's First Beef Brisket!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2007
Woodstock,Ontario,Canada
Hi Everybody!
Here I go with my first beef brisket!
It was on sale for $2.99/lb.
It's 6 lb 14 oz.
I started it at 5:30 this morning.
I rubbed it with a beef rub I found on the internet to which I added extra garlic powder,brown sugar and some Morita Chipotle powder which I got from my brother,"Squeezy".

After 18 1/2 hrs with rub... On to the smoker

We're smokin' now!......After 2 hours with some hot Italian Sausage and a small Corned Beef Brisket

Back in awhile with more pics.
It's now 9:10 a.m. and the brisket is at 158°F

lookin' great there. the rub recipe sounds good too. be sure to do finish slice pics.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I want some brisket... I want some brisket!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Looks great so far and your ploy to torture us at breakfast time with brisket seems to be working.. yummmm!

Keep Smokin

Okay, that's it... I'm outta here! I'm heading home to the smoker... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Looks good!

You're smoking meat in the middle of the week, I'm tres jealous!! Lookin great, you've inspired me to try my first beef brisket this Sunday.

Can't wait to see the finished product in a few hours. *drool*

Boy you got that right Debi!!!
I couldn't believe the flavour!!!!!
I was................in...........Heaven!!!!
Pics are coming up.

Before he could post more pix ... he called me and said get over here and taste this ... yes....I did!
Yes it was great! ... all that a brisket should be!
Not to worry ... he will get to the finish pix ... soon I think?
icon_lol.gif

Thanks Bro!

So I ended up wrapping the brisket in 3 layers of foil and about 4oz. of apple juice.
Then I put it in the oven that got up to 249°F.
Finally by 5:30 it got up to 199°F
I took it out and let it rest for almost 15min.(hehe!!)
Then I cut into it!!!
Oh my God!!

Open the foil..............A few cuts

Close up of slices[nice smoke ring!!]
Wow I couldn't believe the flavour!!!

A shot of the Corned Beef Brisket I did.Yummy!!!

I was so excited I called Squeezy over to taste it.
If I wasn't hooked before,I am NOW!!!!!

Sorry it took me so long to post this,it's been a long day and I kept falling asleep at the computer.

WooHoo!

Looks like some excellent Q Triple B... Makes me hungry all over again. Thanks for sharing your whole day with us.

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky