tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

efrain

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2008
orange county,ca
i am smoking a brisket at the moment and in about a hour will put in a tri tip, i dont want my brisket to taste to much like smoke, what can i do to prevent this when i smoke the tri tip.also my briskets been in for 3 gours.

The only way I can think of would be to foil the brisket when you put the tri tip on. I'm not sure why you would want to stop smoking it that early though. What temp is it at?

what are you using for wood, i think most would tend to agree that a good thin blue smoke and a long low and slow smoke , and possibly a sear are key to an awesome brisket. also when finishing the brisket and bringing it to your finish temp of aprox 200 deg, +/- 5 deg. it may be at the temp but still may not be done, make sure that probe slides in like going into butter. then its done. share that brisket and tritip with us with some qview maybe???

I guess that would be the smoker temp??

What is the internal temp of the meat? Three hours ain't even in the ball park of what would be required for a tender brisket. Like Erain said, 200 - 205 (internal on the meat) will give you something that you won't have to cut with a sawzall.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky