Tri-Tip Dinner on the Yoder w/ (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigkvn1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
California
It's been a few weeks since I've been able to put any heat in the Yoder.  The wife had her appendix go bad and had to have surgery.  To complicate things, she is pregnant with our second.  However, fast forward a few weeks and all is well.  Short of it never happening, she and baby are fine.  She finally got her appetite back and requested a smoked feast.  I smoked a 4lb untrimmed tri-tip, chicken thighs, and a few squash on the Yoder with almond splits as fuel.  Topped it off w/ some baked beans and garlic french bread enjoy...!

994c09ca_dinner.png

39b506e3_dinner2.png

2521d269_Yoder2.png

2e98a61a_Yoder1.png

Last edited:
Glad all is well!!

Congrtas on the baby!!  Boy or girl??

Chow looks delicious!!!

Craig

Craig, don't know just yet  Wife is only about 7 weeks along now.  First one was a boy!!! :)  Lets keep out fingers crossed....! ;)

Great looking smoke. I love tritip just about any way you cook it. I need to try the squash again. Have not had it in a long time

Great looking smoke. I love tritip just about any way you cook it. I need to try the squash again. Have not had it in a long time

Scar, nothing too fancy w/ the squash.  I split them lengthwise in quarters, rub w/ some olive oil, and season lightly.  Smoked them w/ the chicken after the tri-tip was pulled .They always seem turn out. 

Great job, Kevin. I love tri tip, but it's not around here very often. Glad to hear your wife & baby are fine.

Good to hear all is well with the wife. I agree with her some smoke will make her feel much better. CONGRATS on the banner.
congratulation_graphics_2.gif

We don't see tri tip here to often but after seeing your fantastic smoke the search is on. Everything looks great.
icon14.gif
 Congrats on the banner.

Last edited:
Great looking food!  I prefer tri tip untrimmed also.

Not sure how you can cook so well on a smoker that clean tho?

Good luck and good smoking!

Nice job on the TT.....have been a fan of those for some time. Regards to your wife...nice to see a gal that wants red meat and not squemish about a little juice running outta it.

Looks great man! I love tri tip...I had never heard of it much until I moved to Arizona. I have done a few since I've been here and they are very tasty!

Nice to see another Yoder in action. Very nice looking spread. Did you marinate the Tri-tip? Don't see it much out here. Hopefully someone will have them soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice Smoker, and a great job on all the food, Kevin!!!

Good to hear Mom & Baby are fine!!

Thanks,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky