Tri tip beef preparation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I never brine a tri tip.  Marinate and smoke it....or grill it.  IT of 130F then let rest a half hour covered to bring to 135F then slice against the grain and enjoy!!!!

Scott
yeahthat.gif

A bit of Worcestershire, salt pepper, onoin garlic and you're good to go! A mix of Cherry and pecan is a good choice for your wood. I'll be smoking 2 tri-tips this weekend along with Scarbelly wings, ABTS, and Pork shots! 

yeahthat.gif

A bit of Worcestershire, salt pepper, onoin garlic and you're good to go! A mix of Cherry and pecan is a good choice for your wood. I'll be smoking 2 tri-tips this weekend along with Scarbelly wings, ABTS, and Pork shots! 
I will use the thick Worcestershire when marinating tri tips.  SPOG is always a good choice for this cut of meat. 

I use Pecan and Cherry as well.  If I want a heavier smoke I will use Hickory

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky