tree diseases & funguses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
standing over the pit- kentucky
sine we all come across dying trees& the like i googled the title i posted & there's quite a few sites- too many to post so you can just google this title & find common diseases and funguses for your area and decide for yourself if you want to smoke w/ it. personally iwouldn't advise it,especially for anyone w/ mold,fungus allergies or asthma. here's just 1 eastern u.s. site.
http://forestry.about.com/od/forestd..._dis_worst.htm

Good link Gypsy thanks!

I remember when I was a kid and all the chestnuts died. It was almost scary! We called the University and they said it was happening everywhere - nothing they could do. A whole species died! Very sad ... very weird christmas with no chestnuts to roast or put in the stuffing!

Then the gypsy moths but you could fight them with fire.

The chesnuts are starting to come back but now it's the oaks and pines that are dying. I even noticed it when we were driving in Vermont and Maine. Large areas of naked trees in the early summer - a very disturbing sight!

I remember a poem from 2nd grade ...
I think of it evertime I really get to look at a tree:

I think that I shall never see
a poem as lonely as a tree

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast,

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray,

1.tree that may in Summer wear
2.nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

I am to meet with 2 treeoligists?? on Thursday concerning some dying live oak trees here on the ranch. It is sad to see such large trees dye, especially here in the desert southwest.

goat- i know from texas that is a fungus/bacteria, like that flesh eating thing....kills a lot of live oak. it almost got the great liveoak @ the refuge in rockport- 10,000 year old tree.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky