Treats for the Troops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
As alot of you knowour son Donald was shipped out back to Iraq the day after Christmas. So I guess it's time for us to go to work also. We want him and the guys & girls around him to know that we thank them for their duties there. So here are some of the treats that we fixed this month.

We will start with some of the homemade peanut butter and chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, with some help of Donald's neice Allison with the chocolate and nuts fudge. All together there's about 10 dozen or so cookies and fudge

Now it's my turn at treats for the troop. So I'm starting with some venison backstrap jerky (only the best for the troops) one batch is marinading in my BBQ sauce a amily fav and the other he wants it hot. So it's marinading in some peeper sauce from Chris (scpatterson) and then some cheyene peppers, fresh garlic, Paprika, red pepper flakes.

Now we will start on the snack sticks.

The second grind and now we give it some spices by High Mountain and me too.
Here we are stuffed and hanging out in the marinade for the night.

To the smoker with the hot sticks. This is after the first hour at 100*

Now a couple of hours with the smoke at it .

We are really Proud and Worried Parents and we like to do these small things that we hope show theses guys and girls that we care. We like to do this once a month. Donald said the last time his mother was in germany that it suxed that I got into smoking and sausage making after he left. So he will get some BBQ and sausage every month. To us they all need alittle bit of home in a war zone.Thanks and I will post the rest of the Qview tomoorow for the other smokes.
Enjoy,
Mark

The wife's not lookin I have to post this one. Kids do the darnedest things.

you are a class act, well done. and thank your son for his service and dedication to our country.
points.gif

Nice,,,great job. I'm sure they will enjoy. I used to be deployed all the time and those goodie packs made our day when we received them...
points.gif

God bless you and your son. We'll be praying for his safe return. Looks awesome and I'm sure he's gonna have more friends that he can handle once that care package shows up!

Oh and some POINTS for being a great guy

You are doing a ver noble thing! I bet the troops really love it. One question how do you go about shipping all that stuff over there? Does it get there ok or is it all banged up by the time it gets there?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky