trailer question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kanadan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
menifee ca
im starting my 250 gallon reverse flow soon, but im not sure what to do about a trailer. Im thinking of either a 2 jetski trailer, a 4x8 utility trailer or possible building a custom one. Any suggestions? thanks guys

With that much weight sitting on the trailer you may want to consider building one or paying for one with the capacity you'll need. All depends on how good you are with a welder and/or how deep your pockets are. As always, keep an eye on Craig's List and Ebay for a deal.

For me the answer is build one, but I have the tools and equiptment to do it. I over build everything. but I rarely break things,,,, that I build.....

That being said a trailer rated at 2000 lbs is rated for that for it's entire deck. Chances are your weight will be focused on a few points likely smaller than 2 in square. There are other ways that sperad the weight out but then the weight is concenterate in other spots and the same issues are present.

Say you decide to support your weight on the trailer in 6 points. you can build your trailer with 3 crossmembers suffiicent in strenth to suspend the weight and catch those 6 points that will be tied together with like material capable of supporting the twist and weight of the crosmembers (think rectangle with crossmembers) hence a sufficent set of triangles (what supports the world) and a strong enough base to support your cooker with an over factor sufficent to repell additional forces such as pot holes and curbs at speed...

I am terrible at explaing things I am much better at doing them.
Basics use box tube at minimum of 2x2x1/4 inch.

Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky