Traeger or gun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gun.... You can smoke in a 55 gal drum...
You can smoke'em with a 44 mag...
DSCF2084.JPG

Reactions: Reginald
dave,I know that'll put the smackdown on'em quick! Same as most any well placed shot.Besides,you don't look like the type of guy that chases deer for hours to me :)
My remark was supposed to be sarcasm. I really think hunting with a handgun would be a blast.

I hand load hard cast bullets I make myself... 350 grain cast from lead shot... Antimony and lead.. they are fairly hard.. at a muzzle velocity of 1080 ft/sec.. I know it's slow... about like a 12 gauge... all the energy is absorbed by the animal in about 8-12" of penetration.. 900 ft pounds of energy is a bit.. over 100 yds is not something I would shoot at... It's a brush gun...
Yes it's a super red hawk, 44 magnum, 9.5" barrel... with a 1.25 x 4 Tasco scope.. Millet scope mounts..

The gun won out for now. Ruger AR-556. Now looking at getting a camp chef grill. These things are the only reason working side jobs is worth it.
IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky