Tough beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kihler

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Arizona
I just pulled a 5 + pound rack of beef ribs from the freezer. It looks like about 6 ribs. No meat has been trimmed from the ribs.

I have trouble getting beef ribs to be tender. I also get the ribs to dry. With help I'll get it right this time. How long do you keep ribs on the smoker, what temp? Are they rapped part of the time? Does the pork rib test for being done work on beef ribs? My beef ribs never seem to be fall apart done.  How about a dry rub, I always use a dry rub on my pork baby backs.

I could use some advice.  

My advice is use pork ribs in the smoker and braise the beef ribs. You can smoke them for a bit while prepping and reducing your braising liquid so that they will have a bit of smoke,

I just pulled a 5 + pound rack of beef ribs from the freezer. It looks like about 6 ribs. No meat has been trimmed from the ribs.

I have trouble getting beef ribs to be tender. I also get the ribs to dry. With help I'll get it right this time. How long do you keep ribs on the smoker, what temp?    Are they rapped part of the time? Does the pork rib test for being done work on beef ribs? My beef ribs never seem to be fall apart done.  How about a dry rub, I always use a dry rub on my pork baby backs.

I could use some advice.  
You need to be patient , Beef Ribs need 225*F for 2hrs.then wrap in foil for 2hrs. and finally 1 hour to finish

them . o a toothpick test (poke it to see if it goes in easy) , the lift and look for the cracks do not work here.

Doing them this way helps tenderize them  almost like a Brisket. I would only use S/P and maybe some

Garlic and Onion . Remember , Patience and time are your friends . Use them to your advantage .

Have fun and . . .

Use the 3-2-1 method and you'll never have tough beef ribs again. Type 3-2-1 into the search feature here and do some reading.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky