Top Round Roast and Fatties

Discussion in 'Beef' started by vulcan75001, Apr 29, 2007.

1. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

There was a good sale on top round roasts this week, so I just couldn't pass up such a deal...4.5# roast...seasoned with a mix I came up with for beef in the oven...and couldn't forget to do some fatties also...smoked it at 225*...pulled it at 130*...we like it on the rare side....used hickory for the smoke...just wanted to finish off what I had...
    Made an au jus gravy with the juices...couple of baked potatoes...mixed veggies...came out perfect...
    Going to slice whats left over tomorrow, with the slicer...can taste those sandwiches now...

All done

Nice and rare..just what we like...

2. linescum

linescum Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

man is that thing still wiggling...LOL looks great i like em rare too

3. bigal

bigal Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Ditto, Linescum! I think I saw it kick!

Looks great Richard! And I like my meat done, or med-medwell. I wouldn't complain though as that is some nice food ya got there!(was going to say meat instead of food........but that just didn't sound right [​IMG] )

[​IMG] on the food
    [​IMG] on me not getting any! [​IMG]

4. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Thanks Guys...did come out really good...and yes I had to stab it a few extra times while I was slicing it...[​IMG]

5. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks good, should make some good sammies. Enjoy.

6. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

OMG that looks good. Just had baby backs and pulled pork sammies, and I'm drooling again!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

7. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice, Vulcan.............added that to the "gotta smoke that" list[​IMG]

8. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Very nice. Looks yummy!