top round and pork tenderloin compete

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Renton, WA
Brined a pork tenderloin, then realized I need beef, too. Ran to costco and got a 4# top round roast (and a chocolate cake, but there ya go, it's costco).  Decided to treat 'em both the same. Rinsed the brine off the pork and mixed up a slurry of dijon, lots of chopped garlic, fresh rosemary, dried oregano, bit of worchestershire, italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Smeared over both meats, then sprinkled over more oregano, some old bay, paprika, more pepper, garlic powder, and a bit of my usual rub mix. In the cookshack set to 240, with a mix of cabernet and cherry chips. we'll see..  pulled the pork at 145, just as it jumped to 150. pulled the beef at 140. pretty. Both resting in foil, using tomorrow. The teenage son says "it smells like God up here".  well, ok, then, considering he's agnostic.

Last edited:
e91d1dc1_090509_0035-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky