Took a weekend off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whitepony99

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Youngstown,Ohio
So I have had my smoker 2 months and cooked on it every other weekend. This has caused my wife to talk me into taking a weekend off so I decided to look into a few of my issues I have been having. 

Issue 1: My feelings that my temp gauges in the grill are not reading true. I have these:

7cc7d610_0918101825a.jpg

So I went from this back to my original gauges they are these

cb24683f_000.jpg

Secondly I fixed my charcoal basket issue by hacking off the top of my basket. This gave me ash clearance for long cooks and helps to keep my coals together. 

Lastly I added a cookie sheet deflector into the cooking chamber.

I will post pics of the last 2 mods once it warms up sometime today. 

Now Im ready to start cooking again and hopefully get better results. Just need some ideas on what to cook now. In 2 weeks comes my big turkey smoke for thanksgiving 

icon_cool.gif

I guess the wife didn't say anything about working on the smoker now did she.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky