Tonights Dinner with Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

finch12

Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Left of Centre
I have prepared 4 racks of ribs tonight for smoking on my homemade vertical  gasser. Two of the racks are for my buddy that lent me his MiG welder to make the smoker and the other two are for my family. Lots of ribs going on here because these back ribs came in at well over 13lbs for the four racks. For preparation I used:

garlic powder

cracked pepper

cayenne pepper

onion powder

chipoltle

brown sugar

I prepped them and rubbed the ribs then wrapped them for overnight in the refrigerator. I let them sit on the counter to warm up for 20 minutes then in the smoker they went. before i closed up the door, I loaded some more of the rub on the meat and gave them a good dose of honey. I used the 2-2-1 method and they came out perfect.

Here they are going in ( 4 racks cut in half )

8bc9e488_dinner001Large.jpg

Along the way I hit them with a spray of apple juice concentrate. I tried this instead of using just plain apple juice. I bought one can of frozen concentrate and used it straight up on the meat. It worked out well. After 2 hours in the smoke, I wrapped them in foil, put a little of the left over concentrate in each rack and added a little water and sealed them tight. From there they went in the oven @ 250 for 2 hours

Here they are on the grill after coming out of the oven. I put them on the grill @ 225 for one hour all sauced up. For a sauce I used sweet baby rays, a good dose of honey, minced garlic and a couple ounces of Appleton's rum. The sauce came out very sticky after the hour on the BBQ. The combination of the hot spices, the rum and the sweetness of the sauce was outstanding. One of my best efforts yet.

Here are the ribs on the BBQ for one hour

f35bebd5_dinner004Large.jpg

Along with the ribs I made  stuffed potato that also turned out great.

d07b1883_dinner008Large.jpg

Got a call from my buddy to thank me for the food and he said he had never had ribs that good or meaty... I will definitely make these the same way again for sure.

Thanks for looking

rib  looks great ,      but what is in the glass?   alka selzer?

if not you better get a brita water filter quick!

I live way out in the boonies. We have no way to clean our water mostly due to lack of hydro so we bring water in a pail from the river until it freezes over.... LOL just kidding. It is actually reverse osmosis water with lemon juice in it. It does look kinda weird but I love a heavy taste of lemon in my water. Especially when it is really cold from the water cooler.

SBR w/ some butter and honey is a fine rib glaze. I was going to say it looked like lemonaid to me.

glad they came out good and your happy with them. Makes it all worth wild. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky