Tomahawk Steak Sale--Choice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Bought these beauties tonight at Fred Meyer's. They are mainly in the PNW, but it is owned by Kroger, so maybe check at other Kroger stores. No way I was going to pass them up for $6.49 lb.
20190612_195004.jpg
20190612_204557.jpg
20190612_211830.jpg

The biggest 3 are about 2.5 lb apiece, and the 2 runts weigh in at 1.75 lb and 2.0 lb.
Vac sealed and 3 went into the freezer; the other 2 will go on the grill this Sunday. :emoji_sunglasses:

I would swing by Kroger, but since I bought 2 of these at Sam's Club yesterday. Luckily at Sam's Club they are only $9.99/lb. So I don't feel too bad about it.

These weren't in our ad, but I had asked the butcher a few weeks ago when they might get more in. He said, "Close to Father's Day." So I hit them up on Wednesday when the ad circular starts. I might sneak out of the house past the wife, and get a couple more today.
Kind of timely, considering the email that Jeff sent out a couple days ago.

Reactions: PapaLlama
Oh Yeah!!
Those are some Fine looking Rib Steaks!!!
Be back for the finished products!!

Bear

I had planned on cooking two that day, for 3 adults. But then my daughter invited herself and family, so I threw on an extra. Did a reverse sear to 110° on my GMG, then onto the Weber Performer to finish. They came out a perfect medium.
20190616_194456.jpg
20190616_194625.jpg

Turned out that 2 were more than enough for 5 adults, 2 grandkids, and one dog. The other went home with them.

Last edited:
I had planned on cooking two that day, for 3 adults. But then my daughter invited herself and family, so I threw on an extra. Did a reverse sear to 110° on my GMG, then onto the Weber Performer to finish. They came out a perfect medium.View attachment 398498 View attachment 398499

Turned out that 2 were more than enough for 5 adults, 2 grandkids, and one dog. The other went home with them.

Those look gorgeous.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky