Toggle Latches for a WSM 22"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danbono

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 19, 2012
North New Jersey Paramus
Hi All I'm thinking of latching my middle section to the bottom bowl ..I saw a post some where on, can't find it.
The reason I'm latching is I put a hinge on the WSM some times when I open the top the middle section moves away for the bottom bowl. It is a MPIA when it does happen.
Thanks Dan

Dan, Cajun Bandit sells cylinder locking kit that attaches your mid section to the legs. I haven't used it or seen it in person, so I can't offer an opinion.

Chris

The one in the link looks like it has a flat bottom. That could be a problem with the lip at the joint of the WSM. You'd have to raise it up a little with washers or something.

Chris.

Never used them . Looks like one clip to me , that has to go under the door and hook to the opening . Would have to have the lid hinge across from it to prevent tipping . Don't think it holds it all together , like for lifting .

Never used them . Looks like one clip to me , that has to go under the door and hook to the opening . Would have to have the lid hinge across from it to prevent tipping . Don't think it holds it all together , like for lifting .

Hi I'm not concerned in the lifting part. It is just when open the lid at times the middle section moves on bottom bowl.
THanks Dan

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky