Todds pellet smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jim1900

Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Manson, Iowa
         I am planning on smoking ribs sunday suppose to be warm 36 . My daughter got me a 6x8 pellet smoker for christmas and wondering where to place in my in mes 30 all hints helpfull thanks jim

Jim, morning.... It should fit on the wire support rack to the left of the burner/chip tray.... Be sure to leave the top vent open wide and pull the chip tray out about 1".     I also fill the pellet tray and place it in the smoker to dry the pellets out a lilttle during warm up of the smoker.... Usually my pellets need a lilttle drying to burn correctly.... Dave

Last edited:
You are going to love that unit - make sure to light it and let it run for a good 10 minutes. I think you also need to open the chip loader a bit to get some air into the chamber  

Jim, morning.... It should fit on the wire support rack to the left of the burner/chip tray.... Be sure to leave the top vent open wide and pull the chip tray out about 1".     I also fill the pellet tray and place it in the smoker to dry the pellets out a lilttle during warm up of the smoker.... Usually my pellets need a lilttle drying to burn correctly.... Dave
 Yup Dave  is right

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky