Today's the day

Discussion in 'Beef' started by georgepat, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Today's the day! The day that I attempt my first smoked meatloaf.

I bought the supplies necessary yesterday and have read and reread the directions carefully and believe that I can do a good job on this project.

It's a beautiful day here in the mts of Va and I cant wait until I can start. I will photograph what happens and post them later today.

Georgepat

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good luck to you Georgepat. It's sounds like you got a handle on this for today so it sould be a great success. Looking forward to your pictures.

3. Hi Again,

Well, I had a lot of fun with this project and damn if it didn't turn out to be the best meatloaf I've tasted in quite some time.

My hats off to Ranger 72 for that wonderful receipe.

Here are a few pics I took of it.

Georgepat

Oops...I had already served my plate when I remembered to take the last pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks killer dude.

I think I will try it next.

5. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Way to go Georgepat!! Glad it turned out well for you. My Bride has been pestering me to do another smoker meatloaf so that maybe on next Sunday's menu along with some salted smoked potatoes (baking potato oiled with EVOO and sprinkled with kosher salt).

6. bob-bqn

bob-bqn Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks excellent! :D Glad you decided to serve a little just before snapping that shot cause it give us a peek inside.

I'm sure that first attempt won't be your last! [​IMG]