• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Today's smoke

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
yummmy, gotta try that pig candy soon myself

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 21, 2006
Looks goooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddd!!! I just put the pickup in the shed, or I'd be on the way!

Thanks for the pics! Awsome!

ddemerath

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 3, 2006
That looks awesome!
Never tried the fatties. How do you eat them? Right from the smoker or reheat them later.
Same for the pig candy, hot of cold. I am going to try some on Sunday along with some baby backs and a chicken.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 29, 2006
Fattys are good either way, reheat well, most fine right off the smoker. Also really easy to do. Might let the pig candy cool a bit. You WILL like it.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 29, 2006
So............. How was the pig candy??????
Everything in your pic looks super.

bud's bbq

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 22, 2007
Hill Bill

Drooling here. Wow, it is after 11 pm here and it is time to find a snack.

Enjoy!

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Drooling on laptop!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

kosmo

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Hey guys help me out here, I'm new to the site and some of the terms just fly over my head....
What is Pig Candy and Fatties ???? Is pig candy a treat that pigs like and a fatty something you smoke ????
Help

short one

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2007
Kosmo, pigcandy is thick sliced bacon rubbed with brown sugar, placed in an alu. pan or old cake pan or deep cookie sheet, and placed in the smoker and cooked. Fatties are sausage rolls, a good meaty sausage as Jimmy Dean, and smoked. Both are great. Use the search at the top of the forum to find out more. Hope this helps.

chadpole

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
That looks great Hillbillysmoker. I don't want to seem like the only dummy,but what are you calling pig candy? I also have not smoked any fatties yet. Is that like the ground sausage that Jimmy Dean makes. Don't
think bad of me, I just don't know. That why I just lay back and read.

Paul

chadpole

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
O.k. Shortone just answered my question. Thanks for the info. Some of these terms are over my head too.I will read all the posts before I ask the question next time.

Paul

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Kosmo & Chadpole

Some og the things you aren't familuar with will be in bold green print. When you see that put your mouse over it and it will tell you what it means.

Jeff

Can we add Pig Candy to the list?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.