Todays smoke!! Spare ribs!!The money shot!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Sorry for being MIA for a few days.

Some extremely serious family issues have consumed me entirely.

It is bad news but I am doing the best I can.

We are shopping at a few different stores to check things out at our new location.

The Woman was at Win Dixie and came home with 17 pounds of spares at $1.79 per pound.

I spiced two of the slabs with SPOG and the other with Beer-B-Qs rub.

Today I fired the WSM up with RO and apple.

Cut all three slabs to fit the large pieces in the rib rack and the others are flat on the top rack.

It is full.

When I get ready to put the therm in I will take a picture for y'all.

Craig

Shoot Craig... sorry to hear of the bad news. Hope all works out well for you.

Good to see you back!

3 hours later into the foil with a little apple juice.

Having fun watching the temps jump around from taking the top off.

I am going to learn how to work this thing before I hook up the guru..

Craig

d97201cd_002.jpg

Just can't beat the old 3-2-1..  Perfect.

We have plenty of food for the next few days.

I am getting hte hang of the WSM and am Glad I got the 18.5.

Didn't burn a lot of charcoal. I like that.

e5c20215_003.jpg

3927280d_006.jpg

d1ddbe29_005.jpg

58d61410_008.jpg

Craig

Last edited:
Hope things are going better there.  From the looks of the meat, I would think so.

You bring back memories from about twenty five years ago.  I had a Weber Kettle 18.5.  Then I got a 22. 5 cheap and used but like new.  I would not give up my 22.5 kettle now,  but I do remember how much less fuel I used on the 18.5 for only two people in the household.

Hang in there!

Good luck and good smoking!

Hope things are better for you soon... Man that Q looks real good nice job.. Beat it was tasty..

it took me awhile to get the trick on running my WSM best thing i can say is be patient and let the temp come back to you don't start moving the vents around to much or you will be chasing all day.. Have fun and Happy smoking

Thanks for all the nice comments folks!!
Hope things are better for you soon... Man that Q looks real good nice job.. Beat it was tasty..

it took me awhile to get the trick on running my WSM best thing i can say is be patient and let the temp come back to you don't start moving the vents around to much or you will be chasing all day.. Have fun and Happy smoking
Did 16 pounds on it, so there will be food for a few days and I froze some of it.
I am having fun learning how it works.

Gonna make some ABTs on it today.

Then I will be installing the guru.

Craig

Is this what the Doc calls "Rehab"?

th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Great To See You Back In Action!

Todd

Those ribs look great neighbor,If you can make ribs that good without the Guru,Imagine how good they will be when you hook up the"cheating" tool!

Looks great Craig. Praying for you guys. Things will get better

Wow nice tip on the WSM. I'm going to be taking back my Brinkmann this week & picking up a WSM. Was going with the 22, but now the 18 is sounding better. It's usually just me & the wife, & an occasional kid?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky