Todays second smoke!! Crown roast with crown-view!!! Final pics!! Yummie!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Saw this at Winn Dixie and bought it..about 7 pounds.

Washed it off yesterday and put it in the brine.

Pulled it out today and washed it again. Then onto the counter.

Rubbed with EVOO then coated with SPOG.

Wrapped and back into the fridge.

Into the WSM with local pecan at 225 around noon. It's 10 am now.

3b0f3fb4_newyearsandsticks002.jpg

Into the brine!!!

5d1971d5_newyearsandsticks003.jpg

49a61400_newyearsandsticks005.jpg

5b1e6368_newyearsandsticks007.jpg

More later!!!

Craig

Last edited:
Pulled it as soon as it hit 145...

Covered with foil to rest for half an hour.

Got the sides rolling.

Stove top with some of my sweet Italian sausage..and gravy

Basic ABTs...cheddar and my bacon.

Whooo hooo!!! I am a happy guy.

Juicy and delicious!!

Happy New Year gang!!!

Craig

bd768eb1_sticksandnewyears003.jpg

bdde7f67_sticksandnewyears006.jpg

37b4c8a4_sticksandnewyears010.jpg

94015515_sticksandnewyears009.jpg

That is one awesome looking piece of MEAT!

Yummy! what do you call those pepper you got there? I have had stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon but nothing that looks like that.

How did the roast taste?

BrentCzech

That's Beautiful! I have not seen one that was not Frenched...That's cool a Smoked Loin with a Rack of Baby Backs built in...JJ

Last edited:
That is one awesome looking piece of MEAT!

Yummy! what do you call those pepper you got there? I have had stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon but nothing that looks like that.

How did the roast taste?

BrentCzech
Outstanding Craig!! That crown roast looks out of this world! Oh man, now I'm hungry. Not to try to steal Craigs thread, but I have an answer for BrentCzech. Those are called Atomic Buffalo Turds. ABT's as they're fondly refered to here. They're halved Jalapeño w/ membrane and seeds removed, stuffed with whatever mixture you like (generally cream cheese or cream cheese mixed with anything else that fits your fancy), topped with part of a bacon slice and smoked to delicious perfection. They're so darned good you can hardly believe it! A must try for anyone. Good to throw in the smoker to fill up those extra little spaces for an hour or two, while your smoking something else. Make plenty, 'cause they sure don't last long!

ShortEnd

icon_cool.gif

Yes Craig that was a work of art for sure. I just wish I could have been there with ya to eat it t.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky