Todays Ribs with ongoing qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danbury

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Illinois
My son's girlfriend has never experienced the real deal when it comes to baby back ribs so he asked me if I would cook some today for her. Of course the slightest excuse to fire up the UDS is a good enough excuse anytime. She has been to culinary school, although for baking and pastries so she does have the basic appreciation for good things.

I am making bb ribs for my son and his girlfriend. I toned down the rub to a sweeter, milder batch and didn't cake it on. Those ribs will get my tried and proven traditional bbq sauce that I have been making for 30 some odd years.
I am also smoking up some spare ribs for my wife and I as they were on sale for some ridiculous low price. (I trimmed them up and the trimmings will get cooked as the bb ribs are.)
The spares only got a brown sugar/kosher salt/fresh ground pepper thin coat rub as I am going to use the glaze that is based something Sumosmoke did a while back and I tried and liked very much. (12 oz. jar of orange marmalade, 5 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp each of kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and 1/8 tsp of 5 spice powder, made up last night)
I'll put the glaze on the last 30 hour or so of cooking.

No foil method for either.
Here's the meat getting the chill knocked off for a 5 - 6 hour smoke.
More pictures later as things progress.

Trimmed spares on left, traditional bb and trimmings on right

Good lookinf BB's you got there. Smoke them puppies.

Very tasty looking ribs you have there...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Almost done. About 30 more minutes and it's eaten time.
There are 3 different sauces used here. My traditional. My traditional laced with some pepper relish I made and then the glaze I mentioned earlier.
Roasted veggies as a side.
Last Pic of the day.

cant wait to see how the gf liked them

I'll bet if she put one of those ribs on her head, her tongue would beat her brains out trying to get at it. Looks great!

It went over really good. She is now a believer in the power of Danbury's bbq-ed ribs.

Those ribs did look really good and I'm glad that you showed the girlfriend waht reall BBq is all about.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky