Today's Rib smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ron50

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
FL
I've been having a craving for ribs so today i got the chance to satisfy it. Blue skies and thin blue smoke, what a great combination.

Ribs and ABT were smoked over a hickory and pecan mix, then I switched to pecan and cherry for the stuffed peppers and squash. Ribs were rubbed with a cinammom/chipotle rub and mopped with a mix of apple juice and evoo.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
ad990535_vbattach15256.jpg

6ee5adcd_vbattach15255.jpg

81b41f85_vbattach15254.jpg

a4f44680_vbattach15253.jpg

667f0a2f_vbattach15252.jpg

Exquisite, as per norm. No surprise that they would be welcomed in most any venue in the world. <bow>

Umm corned beef hash stuffed peppers? Yum

looks good. i did a rack of spares, two racks of beef finger ribs, 15 ABT's, 5 poblanos (mega ABT's), and a pack of little smokies.

Thanks for the undeserved praise. It's not corned beef hash, can't eat red meat :(

I stuffed them with a mix of ground turkey, ground chicken, ketchup and some onion and garlic powder. Pretty tasty.

I'm always wanting to try a larger pepper for an ABT but the markets here are bad at labeling which pepper is which and I'm always afraid I'll be setting my mouth on fire.

As a rule of thumb ... bigger peppers (chiles) are milder than small ones. I read that the only sweet peppers are bell (no capiscium no matter what color)
Check this site out http://www.g6csy.net/chile/database.html most complete list I've seen.

I have made ABTs from the Hungarian yellow (banana) ... nice heat and flavor.
The smaller Poblanos are a personal favorite of mine for flavor and heat ....

Paul:

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky