Todays Pork Blade Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desertlites

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 6, 2007
The freezer says were almost out of pulled pork & Mamma wants some green chili.This is a 6.5# that will all get pulled and go to both.Mustard coated with a southwestern rub.I'ts been on 4 hrs. now at 250 & reading 136.more to come. This pic was when it first went on.

from what i read on it steve it's a shoulder type-always have here for 69-79 a lb.I does have a bone in it-looks like a wide blade?

yeah........a wide blade.........thats why i asked.........i need to take a pic next time.........hey..........take of pic of it when you pull the pork.........bet its the same thing..........if it is.......maybe i could look for that, if its cheaper.........

<drums fingers patiently waiting for updated pics>
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
biggrin.gif

Lookin good bob...MORE PICS!!.....hehehe

L8r,
Eric

Well the 1 pic we got looked good
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

she been on 6 hrs now-holding at 175-prolly take to 180 befor pulling

oh yea looking good very good
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looking good d-lites! Gonna do 6 butts Wednesday. Can get em for $.80 a pound at the commissary (checked yesterday). Just hoping they look that yummy!

here it is outta the smoker at 180-and going into foil-finish in the oven.

Wrapped last nite & in the cooler-this am. it was still warn & pulled easy-8#s of loin in the smoker now.so more pics to come.and a hunk of salmon going in the other later for momma.You wanted to see the blade bone WD.there she is

Looks great I think thats the same bone we get out of whats called boston butts here.
Hey if theres a new smoke wheres the Qview
biggrin.gif

yeap........bob and piney.........that was a boston butt......hmmmmmm will have to look for this diff. name cut........mite be even cheaper

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky