Today's nuts!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

padronman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mmmmm Pecan's and Almonds.

Recipe:

2 lbs raw almonds
6 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp Onion Powder
3 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Gray Salt (or your preferred salt)

1 tsp ground mustard
4 dashes of your favorite pepper sauce

Mix wet and dry ingredients till dissolved. Add nuts and toss to coat. Place on apparatus of your choice (I use perforated pans) sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

Place in smoker and smoke for 1.5 hours at 225F. I used Hickory and Cherry. I small chunk of each.

Finished tray......spice is there on the finish.  These are better than my last batch. 
drool.gif

I also did Pecan's. 

4 Tbs unsalted butter
1 Tbs minced garlic
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Molasses

2 Tbs Orange Honey
2 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp chili powder
2 lbs pecans

Melt butter.....add garlic and cook for a minute (don't brown). Add remaining ingredients and cook for additional 2 minutes. Place pecans in a bowl and toss to coat. Place in smoking pan of your choosing and smoke at 225F for 1.5 hours.

When they came out I tossed them in granulated sugar while still warm. 

All ready to mix

Da Sauce.  Nice and dark.

One of the 2 trays I used.  Perforated on the bottom.

Cooling down and drying out.

A little close up action.  These are sweet little beauties. 

Smoke some nuts....they are so easy and delicious.

Scott

Scott that looks great, very  nice job, I will have to try that with my pretzels next time

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

Awesome!! I've found myself really liking almonds lately. Thanks for the recipe. I think I will try these in the near future.

Made these today, and they were great!

Two minor differences: I cut the cayenne pepper in half for the almonds because my family is a bit wimpy about heat. That was a mistake. Next time I'll use the full teaspoon.

The other: Tossed the finished pecans in maple sugar. Might just be my preference, but I really like maple and pecan together.

Thanks for the recipe, PadronMan!

Last edited:

Made these today, and they were great!

Two minor differences: I cut the cayenne pepper in half for the almonds because my family is a bit wimpy about heat. That was a mistake. Next time I'll use the full teaspoon.

The other: Tossed the finished pecans in maple sugar. Might just be my preference, but I really like maple and pecan together.

Thanks for the recipe, PadronMan!
Glad you enjoyed.  I always encourage people to take  recipe and make it their own.  To make it to their taste......a springboard of sorts!!

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky