Todays chicken smoke with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sprky

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hutchinson Kansas
Hi all,
Just got threw getting 4 yard birds in brine for smoking tomorrow. This is a test run of 2 different brines to see how we like them for the turkeys on Christmas. Will do a couple more next weekend as well, using the original brine with no changes. We will use which ever brine we like best on Christmas. The brine is the same basic brine I used on thanksgiving but the juices are orange and cranberry in place of the apple, and upped the salt just a tad to ¾ cup. I did cut the brine in ½ for the yard birds. Here’s a link to the 1 I used thanksgiving. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84702
I’m also going to make me up a batch of ABT’s filling with cream cheese, sharp cheddar, green onion, and bacon bits. Wrapped with maple bacon, should be gooooood. Got me 1 ½ pounds of peppers, hope that’s enough.
biggrin.gif

Also I’m going to try and post some Q-view this time but I have to use the cell camera.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Since the camera shop told me it was cheaper to buy new camera then fix, there’s something wrong with the board.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
Hopefully Santa will be nice and bring me a new 1.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Will let you all know how they turn out and hopefully it will include q-view.
icon_cool.gif

ok here we go im trying to post the q-view of what i have so far.

MY first ABT's befor going in smoker

Smoker all loaded up and ready to go im useing apple with some hickery mixed in

Here if you look close you can see the TBS leaking from around the door, think i need a gasket
Will post more Q-view after they come out of the smoker if they ever get to temp. im consedering pulling them and finish in oven since its almost 9 pm and im starving and mama is getting fussy

heres the birds fresh out of the smoker. breast temp is 168 took for ever and a day to finish but they will be worth it. birds smoked for abought 7.5 hours. could not get smoker to go above 250 for the life of me. time to do some mods on the burner. thats tomarrow for now heres the Q-view

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky