Todays catch n smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brandsbay

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 21, 2008
Dorset,England
More Mackerel,but hey no Qview,it never happened
icon_rolleyes.gif
LOL
pr+n3wne1+nH2erQsQgswnBN3KOvZu8N0300.jpg

It did happen my friend, all that smoked fish has got me hungry, that's a good sign!

Looks good and it did happen
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
That looks like a productive morning of fishing. One of these days I'm gonna have to try that fishing thing again
biggrin.gif

Thanks all,I don't brine them,they are smoked on a ECB smoke n grill,I use 3 sticks of oak,7-8" long and about 1-1 1/2" diameter and smoke for about 2 1/2 hrs,the sticks are cut straight from the tree (it works for me with fish)

Gonna have to try some Oak. I usually use hickory and pecan. I don't brine either. Our macks are probably a little different than yours though. Forked tail fish in photo are our macs.

Hi Flash,we get the Atlantic Mackerel (Scomber Scombrus) lot smaller than yours due to the cold water,average adult will weigh about 1 1/2 -2 lb,good fighting fish though,and there millions of em lol.

We usually troll for ours. Small silver spoons, some wire helps with cut offs due to their teeth. Ours usually average 2 to 5 lbs. Love to make dip out of them and put them on a Ritz Cracker with some of this stuff.

PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky