Todays Beef Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rip

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Somerville, Tennessee
Those look mighty tasty, RIP!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Happen to have an extra bedroom away from all this ice and snow?

Yeah Debi you can see where I trimmed the fat in the first pic. I just ate and they had a great flavor but are a little tough, not bad but not falling off the bone.

RIP, any idea why they are not as tender as you wanted? Would you change anything in the process? They looked gret though...

RIP...those ribs look great , but beef ribs always seem to keep abit chewy , but always very tasty , glad they worked out for ya , thanks for the q-view
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

How was the color of the meat? Still some pink or fully cooked. I still hold my beef ribs to 3 1/2 to 4 hours max.
Remember to look for that Mojo next time you are in the store. Still look good though
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

those did look good rip.i have about 5 pacs in my freezer .wasn't sure what i was going to do with them. has any one 3-2-1 them or is that only pork ribs?

Homebrew- No I don't have an extra bedroom but come on anyway we'll find a place for you, maybe the smoke shed, sure smells good in there.

Flash- They were still pink thats the way I like my beef. And I will look for the Mojo today, Thanks.

Minn.Bill- Yes you can 3-2-1 the beef ribs you just have to adjust the time, look for the meat to pull back from the bone and foil until the last hour or so.

Goat- No we didn't eat them all, that was alot of ribs. If you send me your address I will email them to you. LOL

Thanks to everyone here for sharing info, thats what makes this the best site on the net.

I do expect alittle more chew out of beef ribs anyway. I like them that way. Still have not done a 3-2-1 style yet though. I was happy enough with them setting in an aluminum pan with alittle mojo. And of course Scooter the dog loves the fact he gets more meat on the beef bones than he ever see on the pork ones
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Howdy RIP
we do more beef here than pork,..Ive started boiling my ribs to tender them up.
I use a big stainless seafood pot and bring the water to a boil then add the ribs. it only takes about 7 to 10 minutes of boiling. I also add 2 tblsp of smoked sea salt and 2 tblsp of olive oil to the water.
I then let em cool,...apply my rubs and place on the smoker standing up tent or tee-pee style.

Man oh man,..they sure come out tender,....not like fall off the bone pork,..but so much better,..still has a little body to it when you chew,..lets ya know you are eating sumthin!

I dont know,..give it a try see if it works for you!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky