To bitter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pbillybob

Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
Kingston New York
I called smoked my bacon for two hours names with a cold by Masterbuilt Smoker I also use my master Masterbuilt Cold Smoker. It seemed to be too bitter to me and I don't know what caused it I only had the vent open probably halfway and the unit was cold I put a pan ice in it it was probably in between 50 and 65 degrees with the ice whole time I was smoking and I don't know what I did wrong I don't know if I should use less wood or shorten the time or what I would really like your opinions

I dont know about the MB cold smoker attachment.

I use a pellet tray and keep my exhaust vent wide open in my MES.

Nice looking set up Al....   
2thumbs.gif

Thank you all very much so what would you suggest though when I want to cold smoke I don't know exactly what you have on yours but I sure would like to know and again thanks Al

Okay I figured it out now well looks like you got about a 4-foot section of the Furnace pipe on it I will most definitely give that a try thank you

Okay I figured it out now well looks like you got about a 4-foot section of the Furnace pipe on it I will most definitely give that a try thank you
Bob, morning....  look for 3" aluminum dryer vent pipe/hose....   xfers heat faster...   catches more creosote when cold...  single wall stuff....

Just two more questions out what about the skin do you leave that on or take it off and how long do you leave your pic belly in a smoker

Dave 3 inch dryer vent catches more creosote what's what's the length I should have on that
any length that works for you....    I have an 8' flex hose...  it's compressed down to it's shortest length to fit on my system...   It's the aluminum, cooling the smoke efficiently, that condenses the creosote....

My flex hose installation....      3" fit the MES openings...   You will need connectors like in the picture to fit in the hole...

The only comment I would make is Dave is using an Amazen pellet smoker in his mailbox.

It doesn't create very much creosote. So he can get by with a smaller length of hose.

The MB cold smoke unit really creates a lot of creosote & needs to be farther away from the smoker so the smoke can cool down & the creosote can condense in the pipe.

I'm using about 7 feet of double walled furnace pipe.

You can even go longer if you have the room.

Al

I have to go today and pick up my pork belly from the butcher's I got 10 lb I'm going to cure it in the fridge salt brown sugar pure maple syrup and I think I should freeze the other half just in case what do you think

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky