To All New Member's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 16, 2006
Idaho
Again this we have many new members entering this great site. A "BIG WELCOME" to all of you. We appreciate your questions, comments, thoughts and of course, your Q_View. May your smoke always be thin (if not we're here to help)
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Same here I can't keep up either. Welcome aboard to the best of the best of our thing. Glad to have you all join up.

I keep finding myself behind on "WELCOMING" new members into this forum. So ...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hello
I hope I am in right spot to get some info. I am fairly new to the smoking thing. I have webber bullet and have used twice. Did a butt and then some ribs.With the but It did not seem able to pull, so I sliced which was very good.The ribs I did babyback which came out awesome, the others i would guess I was supposed to take off membrane. Not sure how to do that???Or even what membrane is???
My biggest question is I want to buy a bigger smoker for more food as we have lot's of people lots of times.Very confusing but from what I can gather the pellet ones look intersesting and fairly easy!!!Live in Mass and would like to keep under 1000 bucks shipped??? Any and all suggestions would be welcome!!! Thanks

welcome jd............you came to the right place.........lots of help here.....

you mite want to check this link out.........Jeff (the owner/boss of the place) just posted a review of this wonderful looking smoker

http://hammockzzz-smokerzzz.com/_wsn/page4.html

also........sign up for Jeff's 5 day e-course on smoking..........

once again.......welcome

Walking Dude

Welcome to the SMF family
icon_exclaim.gif

On the butt did you go by temp
icon_question.gif
195 to 205 degrees is recommended pulling temp.

The membrane on the ribs is a skin like "film " on the bone side of the ribs. If you get a sharp object (knife or poker) under the membrane & start to lift it from the back of the ribs it should pull off in a "sheet". It is easier to pull off if you grab it with a paper towel for grip.

There are dozens of different smokers the we use here on the SMF. Read around on the different threads & based on what you want in a smoker you can get a good idea of what you want. Then as questions about your top 3 or 4 to come to a final decision. If you do research here you should know a lot before you make your decision. If you know a lot about the smoker you sant then when you buy you should end up happy with it.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky