Tinfoil on temp probe cable???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's all it is, to keep it clean.
I never did, I just squirt it with some simple green and wipe with a rag and it comes clean.

Some folks say it helps with kinking when you close the smoker door/hood. Not sure if it does help with that or not though.

I think some people do it to protect the wires from moisture. I've heard that it can cause problems with them. I wrapped mine once and it was such a pain that I never bothered after that.

I don't clean the cable lead. I just wipe down the probe with one of those Clorox sanitizing wipes. If the probe is really discolored, I use a 3M Scotchbrite green pad on it. I never use water on or near the probe opening or the cables as I've heard many times that will be the death of them.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky