Time for a Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uberhack

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Longmont, CO
Looking to do up a little 1.75 lb loin tomorrow.
I saw the recommendation to go around 275 deg to 150 deg internal. Any guess about how long that would take?

That's a smaller cut...and at 275° I'll bet it doesn't take more than 2 hours. Use a meat probe thermometer, or course.

You might also consider 250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours, or something similar.

Since you are dealing with a pretty small cut of meat, but you also want to impart some smoke flavor - you could probably still get it done in under 3 hours at 250...and it might have a little better smoke flavor.

Either way - in around 3 hours, you can be eating.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Sweet. Thanks.
The Mrs. picked up two on a two-fer special today. Might as well do both while I'm at it.
Looks like I'll be shoveling a path out there tomorrow though. Got about six inches of snow this evening and it's still coming down!

I agree with Bman on this one also. You would want to smoke it alittle lower then 275 to me I would want some more smokey flavor into mine. Maybe 250 and I agree to pull it at 150 maybe 155. So remember "it not the pink meat thats bad for you it's the green fussy meat thats bad for you". Thanks Eman

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky