ThunderDomes's Beer Bathed brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire it up

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2009
South Jersey
A few days back ThunderDome made something that really caught my eye, a beer bathed brisket.
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=90437

I thought it looked really good and he was kind enough to send me the recipe so I went out and picked up a 3lb brisket to give it a whirl.

The rub:

I smoked over oak wood for a few hours and placed a pan of beef broth underneath to catch the drippings and pick up some smoke flavor.
My new favorite beef stock

That stuff is sooooooo good!

After a few hours of good smoke I placed the brisket in a foil pan and made up the cooking liquid.
Original recipe calls for 2 cups of Guinness extra stout, I thought it may have been a bit much with the stout so I did half regular Guinness and half Smithwick's. Looking back I wish I had used (and next time will) the Guinness stout, that would have given it a much deeper bold bodied flavor.

In the oven until the brisket reached 205 then I shredded it up and put back in the oven for half an hour to soak up all the great flavors, did I mention how good this smelled as it cooked?

Served over egg noodles

I did add some extra garlic to the dish and some chipotle tobasco on top.
Final verdict? Delicious!
Aside from not using the right beer this was a fantastic dish.
I want to thank ThunderDome again for the recipe and the delicious Qview that inspired me to try this.

Great looking Q, nice job on the follow-through pics. I always use beer in my brisket marinade. Points to you my friend.

Wow

Now i need to make it again!

Looks great. I did notice the regular guinness vs the Extra Stout, and I too went back to the extra stout

The leftovers always taste better than the first serving too.

Glad you liked it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky