Throwdowns?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They were themed Smoking Contests. I won Mardi Gras one year. Others were Super Bowl Finger Food, and 4th of July. You Smoked your dish, took a Picture and summit it for judging to win a prize. They were fun. Go to the Throwdowns Forum and take a look. Pretty cool ideas...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
They were themed Smoking Contests. I won Mardi Gras one year. Others were Super Bowl Finger Food, and 4th of July. You Smoked your dish, took a Picture and summit it for judging to win a prize. They were fun. Go to the Throwdowns Forum and take a look. Pretty cool ideas...JJ

Ah ha, that does sound like some fun, thank you Chef! RAY

The issue? Throwdowns are A LOT of work for whomever is coordinating the contest. Brian ran them for a couple years as well as others. There is finding Sponsors to put up prizes. Most, are not interested. Todd at A-MAZE-N, was a Major contributor, Owens BBQ and Tulsajeff also. Beyond that, there is posting the contest, taking and organizing submissions, sometime 5, sometimes 50! Verifying each submission is following the rules and meeting the deadline. Then there is getting Staff Judges on board, getting sponsors to send the prizes and dealing with a host of other unforseen issues. Anyone interested in running Throwdowns?...JJ

I would enjoy seeing a throwdown or two in late spring or summer. Right now the weather is just to iffy to plan out something.

Chris

I remember them not to long after I joined. I know I entered a burger in one. My games about 100 times stronger now :) I’d love to see these return. I’m guessing Inkbird might throw in a prize.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky