Three Drums & 4 Thighs. (Air Fried Naked)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Three Drums & 4 Thighs. (Air Fried Naked)

Gotta make some more Naked Drums & Thighs in My Air Fryer, because I luv-em!!!
Last time I packed 7 Drums & 5 Thighs in the basket, and it affected how even they heated, so I won’t be doing that again.
This time I put 3 Drums & 4 Thighs in, so the air had room to flow around the pieces.
So first I sprayed a little olive oil on them, then into the basket & into the Fryer, set @ 380°.
Then at 25 minutes, I pulled the basket, coated with Jeff’s BBQ sauce, flipped them over, and coated that side too.
Then back in again until 35 minutes total time. This made them all over 175° IT.
So the first night I plated 2 Thighs with some Mashed Taters, with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy.
And I added a few carrot slices on the side, for a change.

Then the next night I cut a lot of Dark Meat off the bones, and put it on a Kaiser Roll, with some of Jeff’s BBQ Sauce.
Then I added a couple of Deviled Eggs to my plate. And a couple Dill Pickle Spears.

That’s All Folks,

Bear

4 Thighs & 3 Drums lightly coated with olive oil & in Crisper Basket, ready to go in Air Fryer:
IMG_5948.jpeg

In Air Fryer, set at 380° for 40 minutes:
IMG_5949.jpeg

At 25 minutes, removed from Air Fryer, flipped & coated both sides with Jeff's BBQ Sauce, and returned to Fryer:
IMG_5950.jpeg

At 35 Minutes, all at 175° or better, so removed:
IMG_5951.jpeg

Bear's first night's Supper of 2 Thighs, Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy, and a few Glazed Carrot slices:
IMG_5952.jpeg

Same as above, at a different angle:
IMG_5953.jpeg

Second Night Trimming Dark meat off some bones, to be heated up:
IMG_5957.jpeg

Some of Jeff's BBQ Sauce on a Roll:
IMG_5958.jpeg

A nice Pile of Heated Dark Meat:
IMG_5959.jpeg

Second Night, Close it up, add a Deviled Egg, and a couple Dill Pickle Spears:
IMG_5960.jpeg

The airfryer strikes again!

With Winter coming the airfryer and the smokeless grill will be getting plenty of use.

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks great John, Like! Thanks for posting the temps and time, now I've got something I can follow to do a cook on this contraption. The cookbook that came with my AF is worthless. RAY

Nice, That chicken looks fantastic

Gary

That looks great John, Like! Thanks for posting the temps and time, now I've got something I can follow to do a cook on this contraption. The cookbook that came with my AF is worthless. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
I got a Bunch of AirFryer stuff in my Step by Step Index, if you want to check them out.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The airfryer strikes again!

With Winter coming the airfryer and the smokeless grill will be getting plenty of use.

Thank You Norm!!
Yup, their turn is coming up soon!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Ray!! I got a Bunch of AirFryer stuff in my Step by Step Index, if you want to check them out. And Thanks for the Like. Bear

Thanks Bear! I checked out your Step by Step and there is just a wealth of 360 information in there, far better than what Emeril provided in the box. Thanks again John! RAY

Looks real good Bear. Chicken is perfectly cooked and juicy. I just got an air fryer last week. We've only used it 2 or 3 times so far, but love it! Gonna have to learn all of the tricks, etc. Your step by steps are very easy and thorough. Can't wait to delve into this toy. Big like!

Man , that looks great . Love the sandwich .

Thank You Rich!!
My usual Chicken Sammy is Cold White Meat with Miracle Whip.
However with Dark Meat it's gotta be Hot, with BBQ Sauce.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good Bear! You might want to back off the carrots a little bit though! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Like.

Thank You Denny!!
Yeah, I guess I did get a little out of hand with the Carrots.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear! I checked out your Step by Step and there is just a wealth of 360 information in there, far better than what Emeril provided in the box. Thanks again John! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
None of my New Toys have much of a Recipe book that came along.
Probably the best one was the one that came with my Showtime Rotisserie, about 20 years ago.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky