Three Butts with Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chevyman

Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
NorCal
Had a big cook today with Three butts, a turkey and 110 ABT'S.
I put a mustard slather on the butts and then used my fav rub. I smoked the Butts (3 @ 7-9lbs each) for 12 hours @225* untill IT hit 165* then wraped in foil in smoker till IT hit 205* then FTC for 3 hours. They were by far the best buttsthat i have done to date.
Oh yeah....I made 110 ABT's also.

And some ABT'S

Darn those look might fine. Any recipe for your rub that you would care to share? Looks like it has at leat Bpepper and brown sugar. Did you mop or spritz during the smoke?

Well done Chevyman!! How long did it take to prep. those ABTs? You need a lot of them because I'm sure they will go quick. mmmmmmmmmm.

As I told you great job. I am sure you had your handsful and mouths for that matter, with all that food.
If you have problems with left overs Give me a shout.
icon_smile.gif

Not a problem Brent.....I have no secrets when it comes to good food.

Here is my Spritz Recipie
3 cups Apple juice
1 cup Capt Morgans Rum
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

Here is my Rub Recipie.

3 Tbl spn Kosher Salt
3 Tbl spn Packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tbl spn Pepper
1 Tbl spn Paprika
2 t spn Garlic Salt
2 t spn Chili Powder
1 1/2 t spn Cummin
1 t spn Dry Mustard

The rub is great for all things pork. Makes a great Bark for Butts. I also use it on Pork chops and Chicken.

Butts and ABT's... my kind of party!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky